For many men, the clean-shaven look is the golden standard for facial hair. At my job, a smooth face is a requirement. So, I need to make sure that I get a nice, even, close shave every time. I’ve never been big on Razors. So, I have a tendency to nick myself, even when I’m being extra careful. Thus, I always keep an electric shaver handy to keep up my boyish good looks and super soft skin. If you’re the kind of man who likes a quick, efficient shave, then an electric shaver is your answer. Today I’ll be looking at the Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Shaver, and all the benefits it provides.
Table of Contents
At the 1937 world’s fair in Paris, Max Braun showcased his work, which, at the time, was radio and phonographs. For quite a while, the Braun company built radio and audio equipment almost exclusively. These days, however, Braun is mostly known for consumer hygiene products, such as electric toothbrushes and Braun shavers. Even though the company doesn’t do much in the way of audio equipment anymore, Braun has made a name for itself in the personal hygiene field, leading the way in terms of quality and reliability. To that end, the Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Shaver showcases the company’s commitment to excellence.
Benefits of an Electric Shaver
For most of history, men had to shave with a straight razor. However, there are numerous downsides to using a sharp blade to cut the hair from your face. Most notably the fact that it can be dangerous. While there are very few incidents of men accidentally killing themselves, razors can and do result in nicks and scrapes. Thankfully, though, electric shavers offer a slew of benefits from the more traditional methods.
- Less mess as cream is not required
- Faster operation
- Customization regarding hair length
- Safer than a razor
- Last longer
Some purists may scoff at the idea of using an electronic device to shave your face, but with the power and convenience afforded by electric shavers, these models have become the go-to choice for many men worldwide.
Who Needs an Electric Shaver?
There are all sorts of men who need an electric shaver. These includes:
- Men who want a close shave without having to make a mess
- Men who want a little bit of stubble for a ruggedly handsome look
- Men who want to keep some facial hair
- Men who don’t like to use razors on their scalp when shaving a bald head
- Men who don’t have a lot of time to spend shaving
Basically, anyone who likes efficiency and convenience would be the ideal candidate for an electric shaver.
Shaver vs. Trimmer
When choosing a shaver, you may see the term “trimmer” tossed around. At first glance, these words seem very similar, but they refer to two separate types of shaving. Shavers are designed to cut as close to the face as possible. It is used to motorize blades and a metal foil to protect your face. Trimmers, on the other hand, are designed to trim and maintain current facial hair. Many trimmers have adjustable settings to allow you to set the length of the hair without worrying about cutting too close. Some shavers have what’s called an edge trimmer. So, it is used to tighten up sideburns or beard edges.
Braun Series 7 790cc-4 Electric Shaver
- Shaver operates with technology that adapts to the thickness of your hair for perfect results
- Active lift operation helps shave flat-lying hairs
- Completely waterproof, allowing you to shave in the shower
- Three adjustable settings for different skin types
- Flexible head contours to your face for an even closer shave
- Comes with its own cleaning station
- Powerful motor cuts your hair to within a fraction of a millimeter
- Built-in edge trimmer cleans up sideburns and beards
- Shaver can be a bit loud
- Foil design sometimes requires extra effort to get as close a shave as you want
- Cleaning station may not work after extended use
- In rare cases, motor may burn out quicker than normal
Highlighted Features of Braun Series 7 790cc-4
- Cleaning station
- Sonic technology adjusts power for thicker hair automatically
- Three settings for different skin sensitivities
- Built-in edge trimmer
- Active lift technology pulls up flat-lying hairs for a closer shave
- Flexible head
♦ Can I use this shaver on other parts of my body?
Yes, the shaver adjusts to different types of hair, so you can easily “manscape” or shave other body parts, like your head. Although I would not recommend doing so if you have long hair, only to maintain a bald surface.
♦ Can you shave with cream or shaving gel?
This unit is not ideal for shaving cream, but certain gels can work with it. I would instead advise you to rinse your face with water before shaving to help prevent irritation. Also, the extra sensitive setting will help with any discomfort as well.
♦ Do you have to change the solution in the cleaning station?
Yes, for optimal performance, you will have to replace the cleaning solution every month or so. Braun has a proprietary blend of alcohol and other liquids, but you can probably make something yourself if you don’t want to pay for replacement packs. However, just be careful if you decide to make your own solution, as it can void the warranty.
Braun Series 7 790cc 4 Review By Customers
Braun has always made high-quality products, and the Braun Series 7 790cc-4 is no exception. I love the fact that it has a cleaning station, as I have never been good at keeping my shavers clean. I also appreciate the different sensitivity settings and the fact that the shaver adjusts to thicker hair automatically. With other shavers, I would sometimes get irritation or a rash, but not so with the Braun Series 7 790cc-4. The only major downside is the fact that you have to refill the cleaning solution on a regular basis, but what I usually do is spot clean the device by running it under hot water, and then using the cleaning solution for a deeper clean.